Statement about our zone, with map Burnside Primary School, Christchurch - Enrolment Zone
IN ZONE ENROLMENTS
In order to avoid overcrowding, or the likelihood of overcrowding, the Board of Burnside Primary School has adopted an enrolment scheme which has been approved by the Ministry of Education.
Under this scheme, students will be enrolled if they live within the home zone described below.
Both sides of boundary roads are included unless stated otherwise.
- From the intersection of Memorial Avenue and Gleneagles Terrace
- North on Gleneagles Terrace
- A line across from the northern end of Gleneagles Terrace to the intersection of Wai-iti Terrace and Clyde Road
- North along Clyde Road to Ilam Road
- East on Ilam Road to Brookside Terrace (including 410 Ilam Road)
- North on Brookside Terrace to Aorangi Road
- South west on Aorangi Road to Clyde Road
- North west on Clyde Road to Greers Road
- South on Greers Road (including 185 Greers Road) to Guildford Street
- West on Guildford Street to Wayside Avenue
- North on Wayside Avenue to Grahams Road
- South west on Grahams Road to Cranbrook Avenue
- West on Cranbrook Avenue to Glencoe Street
- South on Glencoe Street to the walkway (at end of Glencoe Street) to Ambleside Drive
- West on Ambleside Drive to Witbrock Crescent
- South on Witbrock Crescent to where Witbrock Crescent becomes Arlington Street (Including Annell Place).
- Continue West along Arlington St to intersection with Ashbourne Street
- through walkway to Memorial Avenue (including 39 Arlington Street and 288 Memorial Avenue)
- South east on Memorial Avenue (north east side only) to Greers Road
- Memorial Avenue (Both Sides of the road) from Greers Road to Ilam Road (Including Hampton Place)
- South on Ilam Road to Wilfred Street (including Ryeland Avenue, Braithwaite Street, Tuirau Place, Swanleigh Place, and Renoir Lane)
- East on Wilfrid Street to Barlow Street
- North on Barlow Street (including 12 Barlow Street)
- Following the walkway from Barlow Street to Coldstream Court
- North along Coldstream Court to Chilcombe Street
- North along Chilcombe Street to the intersection of Memorial Avenue and Gleneagles Terrace
OUT OF ZONE ENROLMENTS - TERM 2 2021 UPDATE
As of the 24th of March 2021 the Burnside Primary School Board of Trustees has resolved, at a regular meeting, to accept no out of zone enrolments for Years 0,1,2,4 and 6 in Priority 6, as listed below, for term 2 2021. No ballot was required for term 2 2021 as there were no surplus spaces available.
Furthermore the Board of Trustees would like to advise that there are limited out of zone places available for Years 3 and Years 5 for term 2 2021. Please contact the school office for more information
This resolution excludes pre-enrolments which have been accepted by the school prior to 29th of July 2020.
All students who fall within Priorities 1-5 as defined by the Ministry of Education will continue to be accepted.
This resolution will continue until the end of term 2 2021, at which time it will be reassessed by the Board of Trustees.
Families who are in Priority 6 who wish to enrol for terms 3 or 4 2021 are advised to complete a pre-enrolment form from the school. The school will advise you if Priority 6 has been reopened, an out of zone ballot for places in terms 3 and 4 2021 will take place or there are no out of zone places available. In line with Ministry practise, a ballot will be held only where surplus places are available for new students.
Applicants are accepted in this order
- First priority must be given to any applicant who is accepted for enrolment in a special programme run by the school https://www.burnsideprimary.school.nz/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Approved-amended-enrolment-scheme-2.pdf
- Second priority must be given to any applicant who is the sibling of a current student of the school.
- Third priority must be given to any student who is the sibling of a former student of the school.
- Fourth priority must be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school.
- Fifth priority must be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school.
- Sixth priority must be given to all other applicants.
The enrolment of out of zone students is governed by the provisions of the Education Act 1989.
The enrolment scheme, which includes a precise description of the home zone, may be viewed at the school office where copies of the scheme are also available.
Click to view the Enrolment Zone Map below.